Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holiday Inductions

Image Credit: Robin Elise Weiss: pregnancy.about.com (used with permission)


The holidays are approaching, which means, if you are due during this time frame, you may start hearing about scheduling "your induction." I am not writing this to suggest that you not consent to having an induction, but I do want to share a few of my favorite induction articles so you at least have a starting point in making a truly informed decision for your baby and for your family. I will admit I am biased towards not inducing if there is no true medical need, but if any of my clients ever decide to induce, no matter what the reason, my response is, "Ok! Well let's make the the BEST INDUCTION EVER!" (Because I know that my clients are informed. :o) )

The Best Induction: 5 Tips for the Best Induction of Labor Possible by Robin Elise Weiss, LCCE

Induction and the Holidays, Part 1 by Cara Terreri

Induction and the Holidays, Part 2 by Cara Terreri

Induction, Encouragement, Eviction... by Nicole D.

Obstetric Lie #82-Induction is Risk Free by Sarah C. (Mama Birth)

As you can see, these are my favorite blog articles about induction. This is no substitute for doing your own research using the most credible sources available and consulting with your care provider. I appreciate the blog article by Mama Birth entitled "Becoming an Educated Natural Birthing Mother," which gives a few guidelines on how to do good research about birth.

And once you have all the research you feel you need and have consulted with your care provider, remember to trust your own instincts. They are there for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment