Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spinning Babies Workshop

I was able to attend the Spinning Babies workshop that came to Houston a few months ago. I am so thankful for my friend and fellow doula Jessica for helping me out financially to be able to attend this workshop. She is a gem in the doula community and I am so thankful to have her as a sort of mentor when I need help or have questions. I reached out to several doulas when I first started out and she was the first, and only for awhile, to reach back to me. I really appreciate her. She also ran my first 5K with me, but that's another story for another day.

Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted half of the pictures I wanted to share from my phone. Because there is no way to recover them, I will have to update this post little by little when pictures trickle in. I've waited long enough to share the pictures I have, so without further ado, here are a few of my Spinning Babies pictures.

 Stephanie, Cole and Gail demonstrating using the birth ball

 Gail demonstrating the Walcher's position using the Trochanter Roll. 

The Trochanter Roll is that stack of pillows Gail is laying on in the picture above, and the Walcher's position is used sometimes if a mom is having regular, strong birthing waves and the baby is still not engaged in the pelvis. In the picture below, Gail is demonstrating the Walcher's position by hanging her legs off the end of the massage table. In most birth locations, one would use a bed rather than a massage table.




Stephanie, Cole and Gail are wiggling those hips! 
The same moves that got the baby in help get the baby out. :o)


I really love this last picture because what do you see when you get a bunch of doulas together? Lots of big ole balls! Ha ha ha! I couldn't resist. Sometimes I have an inappropriate sense of humor. I'm sure you can find t-shirts that tease about birth balls on CafePress. Lo and behold you can! And look! Bumper stickers!



Too bad I wasn't the one to come up with this.

I am still a little sad that the rest of my pictures are deleted, never to be found again. Hopefully, after sending a plea to some of my doula friends, I will be able to add more after they send me a few. I am so glad I was able to attend this workshop and I feel like a better doula for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment