Tuesday, November 27, 2012

17 reasons I am tired of being pregnant and why I am thankful to feel this way

I am tired of...

1. ....wondering if things will work out the way I hope they do.

2. ....my belly and ribs feeling so stretched out.

3. ....not being able to sleep on my stomach.

4. ....stressing out about the foods I eat.

5. ....feeling guilty for eating a piece of chocolate or a brownie every now and then.

6. ....wracking my brain on how to make nutritious meals on a severely limited budget.

7. ....wondering if that miracle I keep hoping and praying for will happen in time.

8. ....not being able to eat cereal, especially for breakfast. I know it's terrible, but I like it. It makes me feel icky for the rest of the day but only when I am pregnant.

9. ....not being able to eat Cocoa Pebbles guilt free. For the record, I haven't had any, but I really want to.

10. ....sugar making me feel icky. I don't have gestational diabetes, but sugar is ick.

11. ....drinking water constantly and not feeling satisfied. This happens when I am not pregnant, but during pregnancy there is SO MUCH PEEING. Which leads me to...

12. ....having to pee every hour day and night.

13. ....not being able to bend over to cut my toenails, tie my shoes and other things that require one to bend in half.

14. ....worrying that every bite of food I put into my mouth is going to lead to a "big baby" even though I know I can push out a baby. Even a big one.

15. ....having certain limitations in the...well...AHEM...department.

16. ....craving deli sandwiches when usually I hate sandwiches, but just because they are on the "off limits" lists according to Dr. Google, I want them.

17. .... The Hemorrhoids. Oh the Hemorrhoids! (Reason number 4,683 why I don't believe that drinking lots of water helps anything.)

But...

I am so thankful I have started to feel this way. I am thankful to feel this way because it means that by the time I reach the end of this pregnancy, I will be willing to do ANYTHING to not be pregnant anymore. Including go through labor. Especially go through labor. I'll feel so tired of being pregnant that the thought of labor won't scare me anymore. Sometimes I have these freak out moments of, "Oh crap! I KNOW what labor feels like! Will I be able to do it again? I'm scared!" Which apparently means I am not TIRED ENOUGH of being pregnant. At 33 weeks I still have plenty of time to get TIRED ENOUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment