Wednesday, June 29, 2011

To the mamas nearing the end of pregnancy

I asked mamas on two of my favorite facebook pages, Mama Birth and Birth Without Fear, what encouraging words would they say to a mama entering week 41 of pregnancy. Lots of moms responded with uplifting words, and I would like to share these words with those mamas that are nearing the end of their pregnancies. Whether this is your first, second or twentieth birth, I hope you enjoy these words from mamas who have been there and who are there now. You are not alone!


  • "Trust your body and your baby, they don't know a time clock and know the perfect time for them to be born!!"
  • "Stay away from negative, surround yourself with positive and relax!
  • "Sending you patience and serenity! Hang in there, Mama! Your baby will be here soon!"
  • "If you're getting impatient, try planning some nice things for yourself, like booking a massage, planning outings with friends, see a movie that you won't have time for after baby is here, etc. Hope that helps!"
  • "I'm right there with your momma!! I'm 40 weeks 6 days. Last week was the hardest for me...I got 8 messages one day...It was so irritating to me! This week I've felt much more at peace. I remembered how it truly is a blessing to have this child inside me. It's not about me, it's about this baby. Already, I'm putting myself and my discomfort aside so this little one can strive for health, love, and independence. Ignore the deadline and enjoy the little amount of time you have left feeling the amazing life inside of you. Good luck to you. XOXO"
  • "In South Africa, we say, "Vas byt! Min dae!" which translates roughly to "Grit your teeth. Just a few days!"
  • "Best words I got as I went all the way to 42 weeks: you'll never hold your baby this close again. Savor it."
  • "Trust your body. Trust your baby."
  • "Trust your baby and body. If there were no one around to bug you about being "overdue," what would you do? Nothing. You would trust your instincts and listen to your body. You would have your baby when you were ready."
  • "Sit back and relax. Your baby will be here when he/she is ready."
  • "I was 2.5 weeks "overdue." People kept asking, "Wow, you're still pregnant?" I said, "No, I just found a super cool new way to carry my baby, totally hands free!" he he. Good luck ladies, don't stress, your little bundle will be here sooner than later. I never knew anyone who was pregnant forever."
  • "Put your feet up and relax. Enjoy it while you can."
  • "Have a good cry. Let go of the stress/anxiety. Being on the edge of your seat leave you tense. Relax, then smile. They're almost here."
  • "My advice and words of encouragement to mamas of more than one would be to spend as much time with the older children as possible. Your baby will come when he or she is ready."
  • "Sleep and walk. Take a hot bath, deep breaths and just trust your body and your baby."
  • "Enjoy those last little kicks because trust me, you'll miss them."
  • "I am right there now....each day is hard...Crying lots is really the only thing that gets me through each day."
  • "This was me last week! But Monday he came at 40 weeks 6 days. It will happen!! It always does, even though its annoying to hear."
  • "Enjoy the last few private moments you have with just you and baby. Before long you'll have to share your baby with daddy, siblings, grandparents, friends..."
  • "Hang in there! They have to come out! They can't stay in there forever! Everyday they spend in utero is making them that much more perfect. Take this time to love yourself and love yourself."


And for all those people that keep asking you, "Have you had that baby yet?" Send them HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment