Thursday, May 5, 2011

May is International Doula Month

In honor of International Doula Month I decided to help spread the word about the work doulas do for mothers by contacting my local paper to run a story about doulas. This is such a big deal for me because I have never contacted a newspaper before. I even offered to give an interview. Have I bitten off more than I can chew? I hope not!

Do you live in the Fort Bend County area? Would you love to see a story devoted to doulas? Contact the Fort Bend Herald and tell them about doulas. I think the more they hear that there is interest in running a story, it may just happen.

Are you unsure what to say when you contact your local media? DONA International has provided a letter and Media "Do's and Don'ts" to help. If you can copy and paste, then you can contact your local media.

Are you a local doula? This is a great way to market your doula practice. Let's get the word out! A doula for every woman who wants one.

No comments:

Post a Comment