Friday, January 8, 2016

Laugh Your Way Into Labor with these 10 Hilarious Parenting Videos

Image created using Canva
Still waiting for Baby to make an appearance? Feeling a bit stressed because you haven't gone into labor yet? Looking for something to try? I've compiled 10 of my favorite parenting videos in order to release some of those wonderful feel good hormones that drive away stress hormones. Stress hormones inhibit labor, so we need to make lots of room for oxytocin to flow freely in your body. Laughing is a great way to help your stress melt away. 

1. Simon's Cat- Cat Man Do

This is probably the first video I ever saw on YouTube, and it is still one of my favorites. Most parents will have to deal with pets at some point.


2. Jim Gaffigan- 4 Kids

Jim Gaffigan is my favorite comedian for his clean humor and topics I can relate to.


3. Whine About It- Reasons Wearing Pants is the Absolute Worst

Since having babies, my pants just don't fit right. I can totally get behind Matt Bellassai and his quest to say #notopants.


4. Heartwarming Coca-Cola parenting video

Grab your tissues and be ready to laugh and cry happy tears from this cute video. Coke nails it!


5. Jeff Goldblum on Circumcision

This is a great example of AWKWARD parenting moments that WILL happen. I think it's hilarious, but there may be some uncomfortable language in this one.




6. Adam Ruins Everything- The Real Reason You're Circumcised

Circumcision is one of those parenting "hot topics," along with vaccines, feeding choices, sleeping arrangements.... oh wait.... everything is a hot topic. This is a hilarious presentation on circumcision that is surprisingly informative as well.

Warning: there may be some uncomfortable language for some viewers.



7. Peter Breastfeeds Stewie

What can I say? I like the show Family Guy. I also like breastfeeding. I watched Family Guy during my first birth, so.... here you go!


8. Baby Laughs at Ripping Paper

Not much makes me laugh like baby belly laughs. This is also one of the first YouTube videos I ever saw, and it is still one of my favorite videos.


9. Twins Dance to Daddy's Guitar

I'm a musician in my other life, so of course I love seeing kids enjoying music. This one makes me wish I played the guitar.


10. A Hilariously Inappropriate Guided Meditation

I love guided meditations. We practice them in each Birth Boot Camp class. This one is a bit... well, I'll let you listen.

Warning: Very strong language may be offensive to some viewers.

Note: The video owner has disabled viewing from other websites, so click on this link to listen to it.

Warning: Very. Strong. Language.

Note: Don't say I didn't warn you!

You've been warned. Enjoy!

Before too long, you'll be holding your baby in your arms. Hang in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment